Freelance Art Direction
- Job Description:
IEEE Spectrum, a leading science and technology magazine, is searching for freelance art directors to periodically work on creating layouts for its print features and online projects. Under the direction of the Senior Art Director, freelance art directors will create compelling designs and provide art direction as needed to illustrators and photographers. Will also require phone interaction with editorial staff as well as art department staff. Work is to be created off-site and at an hourly or project fee.
- Position: Art Director
- Area of Focus: Design
- City: New York City
- Region: Mid Atlantic
- Duration: Freelance
- About Our Company: IEEE Spectrum is published by the IEEE, the world's largest non-profit electrical engineering organization, dedicated towards advancing technology for humanity. Winner of awards from SPD, Folio, and the Society of Illustrators, IEEE Spectrum publishes content focusing on advancements in the realm of electro and electrical engineering. Visit us at www.spectrum.ieee.org
- Company: IEEE
- Contact Address: IEEE Spectrum 3 Park Ave., 17th floor NY, NY 1016
- Contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name: Mark Montgomery
- How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, hourly/project rates and a handful of magazine design samples as a pdf attachment or links to email@example.com with FL ART DIRECTOR in the subject line.
- Job Requirements: Minimum of 5 years experience in magazine art direction and design. Experience with illustrators and information graphics a must. Must be comfortable with science and technology issues and topics. Expert knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop (CS4 suite) also essential. Web skills, including design, and interactive media (Flash animation) are also desirable. All work to be done off-site at one's studio.