January 2013 Archives
What we're looking for:
The senior designer will collaborate closely with the print art director to transform the print edition into interactive tablet editions. He or she will also collaborate with the design director, the photography director, and the editors to conceptualize and plan animations interactivity and visuals. The ideal candidate is someone who is a strong designer with a passion for magazines and is innovative and knowledgeable about technology trends, tablet software, and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5+ years consumer magazine experience.
- Sophisticated sense of design, photography, and typography.
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organizational and time-management skills. Ability to work well in adeadline-driven, collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, WoodWing, Adobe AIR, and HTML 5 a plus. Web/interactive design experience a plus.
The Jackson Hole News&Guide, a weekly newspaper located in Jackson, Wyoming, is seeking a graphic design student for a summer internship. The intern would work 2-3 days a week (Monday and Tuesday + one extra day as needed).
Responsibilities would include:
- assisting head designer
- creating section pages
- creating information graphics
- creating illustrations
- assisting in creating arts section covers
- assisting in creating special sections
Must be proficient in InDesign. Knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop a plus.
Would prefer a candidate that can start in late May or early June, and stay until the beginning of September.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter and a small portfolio to Kathryn Holloway at email@example.com or mail to PO Box 7445 Jackson, WY 83002.