FREELANCE SENIOR DESIGNER
- Job Description:
Popular Mechanics magazine has an immediate opening for an associate-level freelance designer to work on our tablet editions with some print work. This is a long-term freelance position.
What we're looking for:
The senior designer will collaborate closely with the print art director to transform the print edition into interactive tablet editions. He or she will also collaborate with the design director, the photography director, and the editors to conceptualize and plan animations interactivity and visuals. The ideal candidate is someone who is a strong designer with a passion for magazines and is innovative and knowledgeable about technology trends, tablet software, and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5+ years consumer magazine experience.
- Sophisticated sense of design, photography, and typography.
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organizational and time-management skills. Ability to work well in adeadline-driven, collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, WoodWing, Adobe AIR, and HTML 5 a plus. Web/interactive design experience a plus.
- How to Apply: Please send a résumé, a link to an online portfolio, and five to 10 PDF samples (10 MB maximum) for consideration to: MLawton@Hearst.com. The subject line of your email must contain “Freelance Senior Designer.”