LONG-TERM FREELANCE SENIOR LEVEL DESIGNER/ART DIRECTOR
- Job Description:
The designer will design features and packages, as well as shorter stories for the weekly, attending photo layouts and attending meetings with editors, reporting to the managing art directors and the Design Director. Consider the position "hired heavy artillery", so you must be a strong conceptual designer, excellent at type treatments and story telling, with a really keen sense of narrative and impact. Must be experienced with articulating ideas and advocating for the best possible solutions while remaining extremely flexible and lighting fast with the necessary changes inherent to a weekly pace. 5 days a week, 1 late night a week, but a flexible schedule might be accommodated. Must be self-directed and a pro-active team player with killer design chops and an keen interest, if not a passion for, entertainment and news coverage. This job is not for the timid nor the passive. Though we're a great group of fun-loving culture mavens with a smattering of hipsters thrown in, we work hard and suffer no fools. Join the party.
- Position: Designer
- Area of Focus: Design
- City: New York City
- Region: Northeast
- Duration: Perma-lance
- About Our Company: PEOPLE revolutionized personality journalism in 1974; today it’s the world’s most successful and popular magazine. Each week the PEOPLE brand brings more than 53 million consumers the latest news, exclusive interviews, and in-depth reporting on the most compelling people of our time. In addition to unparalleled access to the entertainment community, the stories of real-life “Heroes Among Us” remain an essential component of PEOPLE’s editorial approach. PEOPLE.com is the premier web destination for celebrity news, photos, style and entertainment coverage. With reporters across the globe, PEOPLE is headquartered in New York City. For more information visit www.PEOPLE.com. About PEOPLE Digital PEOPLE.com is the No. 1 celebrity magazine website, with more than 13 million unique users a month and more than 1 billion pageviews. Powered by an extensive team of web-dedicated editors and writers, PEOPLE.com provides an unrivaled 360-degree look at star lives via several channels—the A-Z celebrity bio database, News, Photos, Moms & Babies, Pets, TV Watch, Video and StyleWatch. The site's mobile editions are read by more than 4.5 million users each month, while the site's social media extensions reach nearly 5 million fans every day. Each week the PEOPLE brand brings more than 53 million consumers the latest news, exclusive interviews, and in-depth reporting on the most compelling people in the entertainment industry.
- Benefits: NA
- Company: People Magazine, Time Inc.
- Contact Address: Time Life Building 1271 6th Ave 30th Floor NY NY 10020
- Contact Email:email@example.com
- Contact Name: David Schlow, Deputy Design Director
- How to Apply: Please send a résumé, a link to an online portfolio, and five to 10 PDF samples The subject line of your email must contain “Freelance Art Director.”
- Job Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in related field. 7+ years consumer magazine experience. Sophisticated sense of design, photography, and typography. Problem-solving, interactive approach to design. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. UNFLAPPABLE. FRIENDLY. SMART. Strong organizational and time-management skills. Ability to work well in a deadline-driven, collaborative environment. Strong attention to detail.