- Job Description:
Publication Designer Passionate about making magazines? Of course, that's why you're looking at this job board. We are looking for a junior-level designer with publication design experience to join our award-winning design team at Network Media Partners. Our ideal candidate will know what it takes to make a magazine, in print or digital medium: concepting, strong layout and composition skills, and an understanding of design components (type, color, grid, imagery). You are a fast learner who works quickly and effectively on tight production deadlines while juggling multiple jobs. You live in the details but are able to see the big picture in your work. You are positive and motivated, have a passion for design and an eagerness to grow as a designer. You are ready to learn in a busy studio environment and take responsibility for your work. You may have experience with Adobe DPS, which would be a major plus. At Network Media, your day will be filled with cover concepting and image sourcing, layout work for features and department pages, working directly with client editors and completing final production of the book (to printer or to a digital medium), all for multiple magazines. You'll also get to work on other design projects based on our clients' needs.
- Position: Designer
- Area of Focus: Other
- City: Other
- Region: Mid Atlantic
- Duration: Full-time
- About Our Company: Network Media Partners, Inc. works with professional and trade associations of all shapes and sizes, nationally and locally, to grow their media and event offerings to their memberships and communities. Rooted in a strong foundation of media advertising sales, Network has evolved to provide a wide range of services to associations, from traditional and new media advertising sales to customized media services to events management services. The design team at Network Media works with clients across the country to deliver high-caliber editorial design for magazines in print, online and tablet mediums. We are consistently recognized for our work in magazine design, but more importantly, we always exceed our clients' expectations.
- Benefits: Range of benefits to include health coverage, personal time, and other benefits
- Company: Network Media Partners
- Contact Address: 11350 McCormick Road Executive Plaza 1 Suite 900 Hunt Valley, MD 21031
- Contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name: Jen Smith
- How to Apply: Send resume and portfolio URL to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- Job Requirements: One to three years of publication design work with portfolio to prove it. Proficiency in Creative Suite is a given. Candidates should be detail-oriented and responsible, have strong communication and organizational skills, a working knowledge of CS5.5 (particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat) and a general understanding of html. The designer will report to and work with the art director on site in our studio in Hunt Valley, MD, located just north of Baltimore. This is an ON SITE position.