November 2016 Archives
RESPONSIBILITIES: Designing front-of-book departments and stories for This Old House magazine, working with the marketing department to create native advertising and other projects, designing for our website and other digital platforms, and creating brand identity materials.
This is not an entry-level job, but is perfect for someone who wants to work in a multi-platform situation with a wide variety of design projects. We're a small company, so everyone truly does everything. There's lots of room to grow and lots of work to be done. This Old House is located on the waterfront in Stamford, Connecticut. It's an easy drive from Westchester and Southwest Connecticut, and there are many express trains leaving Manhattan from Grand Central and Harlem 125th Street. If you have more questions about the job (or the commute), you can send queries to email@example.com.
People Magazine is seeking an intern for the photo department in our NYC office to work closely with the Photography Director and photo staff. This is a full-time, temporary (3 months) position. The ideal candidate should posses enthusiasm for photography and magazines with strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Undertake photo research for several pages that appear in the magazine
and iPad each week
- Schedule daily art, photo and edit layout meetings
- Set up new vendors in our accounting system and follow through to make sure the payments are processed and troubleshoot any issues
- Complete and submit expenses for the photo director
- Maintain the photo director's calendar
- Set up meetings with photographers to review their portfolios
Please send resume and cover letter to:
(please put "intern" in the subject line)