Art Director, Digital & Print
- Job Description:
• Contribute to creative strategy with Chief Creative Officer and Head of Content • Execute creative strategy in collaboration with content and cross-functional teams • Oversee and implement the cross-platform photo strategy for magazine and all digital channels • Work with designers, illustrators, and photographers to conceive and execute layouts in print • Create and maintain evolving style guide for brand photography and images • Oversee production and quality of final digital artwork for digital initiatives • Collaborate with product and development team to achieve accurate, platform-specific versions of designed layouts • Ensure accurate and efficient production and evolution of content templates • Partner with marketing and merchant teams to design on brand, digital experiences for digital with an eye to performance and ease of use • Assist in generation of ideas to optimize the brand's customer digital experience • Innovate to improve integration of commerce and engagement online • Work with digital creative partners to evolve web style guide and standards • Manage and mentor team members • Provide timely, productive and motivational feedback to designers and team members
- Position: Art Director
- Area of Focus: Other
- City: Los Angeles
- Duration: Full-time
- About Our Company: Playboy has been pushing and removing buttons for over 64 years and it remains one of the most iconic brands in the world. The award winning magazine has been covering topics ranging from culture, art, sex, and entertainment to humor, lifestyle, fiction -- all while making an important societal statement about human sexuality and freedom of choice. Playboy's presence focuses on entertainment, off hours, bunnies, sex & culture and heritage, celebrating the vast world of the Rabbit. As Playboy continues its evolution, the company is seeking an Art Director to lead the artistic vision for our incredibly talented art department for print and digital, which supports websites including Playboy.com, Playmates.com, Playboyshop.com, and much more. As Art Director, and a design leader for Playboy, you will serve as the director of the art team. You’ll play a critical role in the creation of editorial features, cover stories, and rich, interactive content that reflect our digital identity and unique approach to storytelling. You will assist in strategically intertwining content for print and digital to provide consumers with the one of a kind Playboy experience. You are a flexible team player who can juggle a list of demanding projects with finesse and enthusiasm. You possess an open mind, and a respect for the best traditions of both user experience design and editorial design. While your body of work is predominately natively digital, your ability to conceptualize and direct print layouts for Playboy magazine is equally important. You’re comfortable working with writers and editors to help shape the Playboy experience, as well as communicating and presenting creative/visual concepts, and the design rationale behind them.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance + 401(k)
- Company: Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
- Contact Address: Please see link below on "How to apply"
- How to Apply: Click the link below to apply! https://careers-playboy.icims.com/jobs/1015/art-director/job
- Job Requirements: Qualifications: • College degree in Graphic Arts or equivalent • Seven years of experience at increasing levels of responsibility in creative leadership and art and photo direction at a major digital media company, with at least two years of supervisory experience • Thorough knowledge of print and digital production • Experience directing large photo shoots, giving sensitive, clear direction to models, photographers, makeup artists, stylists and others on set • Discerning eye for photo editing, cropping, and compositing • Impeccable design fundamentals (type, image, color) • Advanced proficiency using design tools of the trade including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InCopy, Sketch and Invision • Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and web standards • Understanding of cross-browser/platform compatibilities, and usability limitations for the web and mobile • Ability to champion a clear editorial point of view and assist in conveying that through graphic design • Superb sense of design/style with strong grasp of men’s space and millennial consumer • Proven ability to translate complex design challenges into engaging, on-brand digital experiences • Strong communication and presentation skills required • Resourceful self-starter who gets things done • Highly organized, attentive to detail • Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment • Positive, constructive approach • Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member Must have unrestricted access to legally work in the United States.