On-Site Print Editorial Designer (Freelance)
- Job Description:
Mediaplanet is recruiting 3-4 editorial/print designers to join our in-house freelance team. We're looking for designers who are available to start in January 2017 and work regularly through the end of March (with the possibility of continuing through the end of 2017). Must be based out of the New York metro area and be able to work in-house during regular work hours: 8:30am-5:30pm. Responsibilities - Work as the sole designer on print campaigns ranging in size from 8-24 pages from concept to press submission and final file archiving - Work under the art direction of the senior designer - Collaborate with both the production team and sales team to curate and design content - Re-touch photography as needed - Design both print and digital ads for clients as needed - Design infographics and repurpose digital art for print Logistics - This position is freelance, commissioned and paid on a per project basis. - Design and production for each project spans 3 or 4 days. - Compensation ranges from $500-$1,000 for 3 to 4 days of work, depending on the size and scope of the project. (On average projects pay $600 or $800.) - Designers work on their own computers (must have own Adobe Creative Suite license) and backup files to Mediaplanet's server upon project completion. - While Mediaplanet's freelance team works in-house, infrequent exceptions can be made in advance to accommodate outside work or other commitments. - Mediaplanet busiest production period is the last 2 months of each business quarter - Projects are scheduled every two weeks.
- Position: Designer
- Area of Focus: Design
- City: New York City
- Region: NYC tri-state
- Duration: Freelance
- About Our Company: Mediaplanet is a content marketing and content creation company with both print and digital products. We have 15 offices worldwide; our NYC office serves the entire USA.
- Company: Mediaplanet
- Contact Email:email@example.com
- Contact Name: Kathleen Edison
- How to Apply: Please email your résumé, cover letter and a link to your portfolio / personal website to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Freelance Designer Application. Thank you and good luck.
- Job Requirements: Qualifications - 1–2 years of experience in editorial design; knowledge of print production is a plus - Experience with client-facing work - Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro - Ability to memorize and design within Mediaplanet’s style guide - Ability to explain print requirements and file formatting to non-designers - Ability to communicate with clients professionally and manage expectations (when building ads, which includes submitting drafts, making revisions and sending proofs to clients) - Organization and immaculate file management - Excellent time management skills and ability to work efficiently under pressure