Art Director: Modern Trader
- Job Description:
Award winning, monthly financial and lifestyle publication seeks a talented, detail oriented print and media designer.
The Art Director is responsible for the execution of a monthly publication from template to PDF file release to the printer. They are responsible for complete layout, file management, and pre-press of the final issue files. The Art Director is also responsible for maintaining and communicating the art, image, advertising and page specs to advertisers, photographers, and illustrators. The Art Director will work directly with the publisher for vendor selection and communication of issue concepts.
Addition duties include but not limited to ongoing evolution and redesign, creating and updating media kits and in-house advertising as well as some web advertising for the magazine. This candidate will also be responsible for uploading articles to the magazine website for publication on a monthly schedule.
- About Our Company: Modern Trader magazine is an award-winning, 45-year old print publication for professional investors and traders. We have more than 53,000 subscribers in 20 countries, are sold nationwide at Barnes & Noble and BAM bookstores and provide thousands of complimentary issues each month to prestigious investment and trading conferences. We acquired the publication three years ago when it was named FUTURES magazine, predominantly covering futures, options and derivatives. About 18 months ago we converted the publication to Modern Trader, expanding its editorial scope to include publicly-traded equities. FINalternatives is the most visited digital platform for the hedge funds, private equity & alternative investments, featuring daily news and insights on the private investment universe and, The Daily Alpha, essential and irreverent insights on private investment, business, finance & politics.
- Company: The Alpha Pages is an investment and financed focus print and digital media company.
- Contact Address: 107 West Van Buren St., #203-204 Chicago, IL 60605
- Contact Email:Jeff Joseph Chief Editor & Publisher firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Requirements: ∙ 5+ years of print design experience ∙ Expert knowledge of Adobe Design Suite CS6 ∙ Selected candidate must own a copy of Adobe Design Suite CS6 ∙ Strong pre-press and file management a must ∙ Responsible for identifying the quality of print quality assets ∙ Understands and implements the use of PDF and Photoshop Presets ∙ Working knowledge of HTML