Journal Communications, a Franklin-TN based company, has an opening for a Publication Design Director to oversee the design of our publications. This is a hands-on position, involving direction to execution.
• Direct new publication designs, execute as needed, manage handover to team graphic designers.
• Evolve existing publication designs.
• Collaborate with content and photography teams across our segments: Agribusiness Publishing, Chamber Publishing, Economic Development Publishing, and Travel Guides.
• Collaborate with and present new publication designs to clients and company executives. (Some travel required.)
• Direct the design work of team graphic designers and freelancers, managing freelancer relationships
• Hands on magazine production, as a part of design team.