Nomad Editions seeks an experienced candidate to freelance for various client projects in a web production capacity, reporting to the design director. Accuracy, efficiency, analytical skills and independent problem solving are vital to being successful in this position.
-Build, test, and deploy custom promotional magazines and email blasts that will display properly on all platforms (mobile, desktop etc.), using completed templates within our CMS.
- Build custom web pages and micro-sites on occasion when the CMS alone won't solve the problem.
- Deploy email blasts using MailChimp, optimizing for analytics
-Work within our content management platform, Readz, which deploys HTML5, responsively-designed "magazines".
- BA or BS, ideally with emphasis in communications, marketing, advertising, computer science or related field
- Proficient technical knowledge in: HTML (hand-coding); CSS (hand-coding); web content management systems
- Minimum of 2 years experience in digital media or a combination of digital/traditional media.
- A strong understanding of the editorial process.
- Team player that has excellent time management and communication skills.
- Self-starter that can multitask, solve problems and take ownership of projects.
- Work will be based in our offices in Midtown Manhattan, but may evolve as necessary to allow for significant telecommuting.