This internship is an excellent opportunity to work in a creative team and learn more about book design and the publishing industry. Interns will work in the design department and report to the design director. It is essential that the intern have a very strong typographic sense and conceptual design skills.
This Spring internship is available for approximately 10 weeks beginning Monday, March 5th, 2012 and continuing to late May. There is a possibility that this internship could lead to a permanent position.
Day-to-day responsibilities (which vary from project to project) include:
- Developing and extending book design concepts, including interior layouts and cover designs
- Designing and creating marketing materials (both print and digital)
- Preparing promotional materials for sales conference and conventions
- Preparing books for translation into electronic formats (HTML and CSS)
- Assisting with design/editorial corrections and typesetting