Recently by SPD HR
Area of Focus
• Design pages for all sections
• Must know InDesign well and have a good handle on Photoshop
• Must be organized
• Must have excellent typographic, design and production skills
• 5+ years of magazine experience
• Abilility to work closely with editors, photo editors and other members of the art team
• Woodwing knowledge a plus
• Potential 2+ month assignment
• Start immediately
An ideal Senior Designer will possess the following:
- Education in Design, Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 4 years experience in a competitive, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience working with InDesign and Illustrator files for magazine print advertising.
- Strong image sourcing and editing skills is required.
- Experience with directing and producing photo shoots
- Experience at prepping Photoshop files for HTML and Flash development a plus.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work on production projects.
An ideal design team member will possess the following traits and skills:
- Work in a team environment, collaborating with project managers, strategists and copywriters to ensure design meets the client's business objectives.
- A portfolio that contains design examples from brands in categories parallel to those of Conde Nast's main client base: luxury, fashion, beauty, food and travel.
- Experience applying theories related to color schemes, use of space, typography, usability and visual flow.
- Work on multiple projects from beginning to end and to create inspired solutions with tight and changing deadlines.
In addition to above, an ideal design team member may also possess:
- Knowledge of motion design and incorporating motion with interactivity.
- Experience with creating mobile applications and interfaces.
It would be an advantage for the applicant to be fluent in color separation and correction processes and to be able to work collaboratively with the magazine's production dept to obtain the highest standards of print reproduction across all brand extensions.
-Developing innovative concepts, assigning and producing photographic illustration for main edit features and front of book departments, working in close collaboration with the EIC, the Art Director and the other members of the edit, online and art team
-Coordinating and directing studio and location photo shoots for garden, food and lifestyle topics
-Identifying photographers and stylists who will bring a high quota of creative value to the brand
-Negotiating photography fees for both commissioned and stock-sourced images
-Acquiring first-quality imagery that meets the high content standards of the brand while maintaining budgets and negotiating effectively with vendors
Ideal candidate will possess:
-A minimum of five years of related work experience
-Highly detail oriented individual with good communication skills
-Digital online photo experience managing and researching stock imagery
-Daily photo production, retouching, and optimizing
-Adept at Adobe Photoshop
-Experience with Content Management Systems and keyword tagging
-Photo shoot coordination and experience a plus
Please provide a link to an online portfolio or other samples of your work when applying.
The ideal candidate will possess:
An interest in tattoos and music and a flexible, easy-going attitude! If you like the corporate world, this job probably isn't for you. Inked has a small staff of talented, creative people who work in a chill office environment. We get a lot done, but we like to have fun while we're doing it.
- Producing photo shoots
- Coordinating with photographers (and others as necessary) to ensure delivered materials meet deadline
- Retouching and color correction
- Coordinating upload schedule with press
- Trafficking digital images and other related digital assets including digital and foreign editions
- Identifying and developing relationships with new talent to be featured in the magazine
- Design and layout
The Art Production Associate must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in art production at a magazine. Candidate must be an organized, detail-oriented self-starter who can handle significant responsibility and work well in a team environment.
This position reports to the Managing Editor.
Candidates should have previous experience in a photo department and thorough knowledge of Mac operating system. They must be extremely organized, flexible, and able to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
Overall the duties are photo research, preparation and styling for product shoots, and administrative details.
Job Responsibilities -- Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Senior Associate Photo Editor with all photo department responsibilities
- Edit incoming submissions to select the most beautiful, inspirational, and relevant images to match the locations in the text
- Research beyond the traditional sources for photos (beyond stock agencies and photographers to: bloggers, hiking clubs, park/forest offices).
- Research accurate and specific information for captions to provide the editors
- Enter credits into layouts
- Request and meticulously prepare hi-res images for the production department
- Communicating with companies about PR photo needs
- Photo shoot pre-production, calling in products, assisting in styling
- Teaching photo department procedures to interns
- Work with editors and interns on web production to attach photos to articles online
- Communicate and assist other Outdoor Group titles with photo inquiries?
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Proficient in Adobe CS4, including Photoshop, Bridge and InDesign
- Be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be enthusiastic, reliable, eager to learn, and have a positive attitude
- Familiarity with National Parks and other natural places
- Relationships with and/or knowledge of individual nature photographers and their archives
- Familiarity with the outdoor adventure culture
Develop and maintain connections within the worldwide Advertising industry.
Develop and execute marketing outreach to potential new clients.
Research online archive and create image presentations to generate licensing opportunities for our roster
Negotiate and close transactions.
Track developments in the photography, fashion & luxury industries.
An ability to excel in a team environment but also a level of comfort and confidence to work independently.
An ability to follow direction, as well as take a leadership role on projects.
Travel as necessary to open new markets and to create new licensing opportunities