Portfolio Reviews :: April 10
At this event, you'll get critiques from several of our publishing pros and find out what publication and media art directors are looking for in your book when they're looking to hire. Doesn't matter if your book is finished or still in the works ... bring what you've got and our design superstars will help you figure out what's working and what's not. Details after the jump.
Student Portfolio Reviews 2013
WHEN: April 10, 2013 :: 7:00 - 8:30pm :: You must register by 3pm Tuesday, April 9.
WHERE: The Wix Lounge :: 10 W. 18th St, 2nd floor (between 5th & 6th Aves), NYC
(Thanks to our hosts Wix.com for hosting us in their awesome space ... it's a FREE coworking space by day and they host tons of great events by night! Don't know Wix? They're an awesome easy-to-use website builder, with tons of customizable templates perfect for building your online portfolio!)
WHO: For all student levels.
• If you're a current member, your entry is FREE, but you must reserve your spot now using the form below.
• If you're not a member, join now and you can come for free too! Use the form below to become a member and reserve your spot for the reviews.
• General admission is $15 for those of you not interested in a student membership.
WHAT: Bring your portfolio whether it's finished or still in the works ...
• We prefer to see it in print form or on the iPad.
• You can bring work on your own laptop only if it's loaded, opened and ready to show. There's no time for loading/opening files, we won't have reliable internet access and we won't have any computers there for you to use, so if you want to show us digitally, you must bring your own laptop with the files already on it, no flash drives or disks.
• In addition, as part of the event, we'll show you how you can build your own portfolio website using Wix.com.
Angela Riechers, O, the Oprah Magazine
Eve Binder, AOLHeather Haggerty, GreenSource
Mike Schnaidt, Men's Health
Peter Sucheski, Field & Stream
Todd Weinberger, Inked Magazine
RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE: