Job Description: Vanity Fair’s art department will be redesigning sections of the magazine in the upcoming months. Looking for a freelancer(s) to start as soon as possible. This position is full-time and cannot work remotely.
We are in need of someone to simultaneously help with the workload of the current monthly issue, but also be able to experiment on layouts for future issues. Applicants should be knowledgeable and interested in the Vanity Fair brand, with a passion for journalism and storytelling.
- 5+ years of editorial design experience
- Excellent type and design sensibilities
- Proficient in InDesign and K4; knowledgeable of Photoshop, Illustrator a plus
- Strong time-management skills: projects across the VF brand present themselves weekly (events, marketing, web)
- Collaboration with the Creative Director and team throughout the monthly print cycle; must be a team player and a self-starter
- Finding and commissioning illustrators
Position: Freelance Editorial Designer
Type of Job: Design
City: New York
Region: New York
Duration: Full-time, freelance, onsite
About Our Company: Vanity Fair features in-depth reporting, gripping narratives, and world-class photography, plus heaping doses of Oscar-blogging, royal-watching, and assorted guilty pleasures. Every month, the magazine commissions the best writers and photographers to explain the pressing issues of the day and take the pulse of the culture. Vanity Fair consistently delivers crucial reporting on business and finance, domestic politics and world affairs, even as it covers the very best in arts and entertainment.
Company: Vanity Fair
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: Alison Lenert
How to Apply: To apply, please send your resume and website to email@example.com.