- Will oversee the work of the entire SNP art department and all visuals and design for all digital, print, and video products.
- Elevate the visual quality of our printed products: magazines, posters, teacher lesson plans, etc.
- Elevate the visual quality of our digital products: video, tools, microsites, emails, and banner ads
- Recruit and build relationships with digital vendors for video, tools, apps, etc.
- Train and mentor a variable staff of page designers in printed page and UX design
- Manage a variable staff of freelancers and assignments to improve department efficiencies and cost savings
- Bring new ideas and innovation to SNP’s products.
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
- Must have experience in magazine page design and/or digital UX experience.
- Must have experience managing a team of creative staff.
- 8-10 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in english/journalism or art/design.
- InDesign, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Html, Gsuite, Microsoft Software
Position: Creative Director
Type of Job: Digital
City: New York City
Region: New York
Some benefits that we offer:
- 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
- Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
About Our Company: Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Company: Scholastic Inc.