Job Description: Barron’s is seeking an innovative and passionate visual storyteller to help define and produce the next iteration of the brand through photography across all platforms. The ideal candidate is excited by the notion of finding the right photographer for what can be difficult subjects to create interesting and creative visuals of creative people.
We’re looking for somebody who can …
- Work with the Design Director to establish and maintain visual identity through photography and video
- Has experience managing the brand’s photography as it extends to social media.
- Color correct and maintain reproduction standards and work with players to ensure quality printing.
- Has the ability to push and take smart risks to produce high-end, current work
- Help lead a photography team that includes one full-time photo editor and one part-time photo editor
- Hire, train and mentor photo editors as well as other members of the Art Department
- Commission photographers, videographers, stylists, hair and makeup artists, set designers and other relevant crew
- Negotiate fees, manage contracts and paperwork for assignments made
- Sourcing new photographers and growing network of contributors
- Has strong network of industry connections across photography, video and production
- Work with Design Director to maintain the photo budget
- Adobe CC experience and knowledge is required
- Experience with Wordpress is a plus
- Experience with Methode and K4 are a plus
Position: Director of Photography
Type of Job: Photo
City: New York City
Region: New York
About Our Company: Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Company: Barron's, Dow Jones Media Group
Contact Name: Chris Mihal
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Please email email@example.com with a resume and link to work or online at https://dowjones-news.jobs/new-york-ny/director-of-photography/DFEA5AE6174E4EE8B53F6EE735C46E50/job/