Job Description: C & G Media is looking for a highly talented Associate Art Director to join our award-winning editorial art department. We work in a fast-paced environment with a minimum of 24 issue closings per year with overlapping deadlines. He or she will contribute to shaping the creative look for front-of book stories from concept to completion on all three titles (Connecticut Cottages & Gardens (CTC&G), New York Cottages & Gardens (NYC&G) and Hamptons Cottages & Gardens (HC&G). He or she is an independent thinker and a seasoned editorial layout designer with a love for the craft. Excellent command of the MAC OS, Indesign CC, Photoshop and Illustrator are a must, along with impeccable attention to detail and off the charts communication and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Publication Design or other related field
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite with respect to layout design and graphic design: INDD, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Passion for typography
- Experience with template design and workflow
- Solid work ethic expected and shelter magazine experience a plus
- Work with the Production Manager on any issues that may arise on your page designs
- Assist in backing-up the Production Manager in the event that she is out.
- Assist in securing Art Interns.
- Conceive and execute Front-of Book Designs including but not limited to; product and furniture packages, jewelry and travel stories, design news and people profiles for all three titles
- Product silhouetting in photoshop for low res placement in front-of book layouts
- Assist Design Director and Art Director with story concepts and posses the ability to carry a sketch to layout completion
- Design on-page graphics and simple illustrations/maps, photo collages in Illustrator
- Manage Indd templates for all three titles
- Meet with front-of book editors on their stories and brainstorm ideas
- Assist in acquiring the images including keeping track of photo credit and payment information for all of your pages
- Assist in the design of any annual Design Guides or Special Interest Publications
- Assigning illustrations to contributors when needed
Position: Associate Art Director
Type of Job: Art
City: Norwalk, CT
About Our Company: C&G Media Group delivers the finest regional design magazines to residents of America’s most affluent communities. The company's three titles, CTC&G (Connecticut Cottages & Gardens), HC&G (Hamptons Cottages & Gardens), and NYC&G (New York Cottages & Gardens) represent the very best in architecture, design, art and antiques, real estate, and entertaining to a highly influential regional readership. Visit cottages-gardens.com.
Company: C&G Media Group
Contact Name: Julie Curtis-Pakinat
Contact Email: email@example.com
How to Apply: This position is full-time out of our Norwalk, CT Office and reports to the Design/Photography Director. Please provide a PDF portfolio or digital link for portfolio review along with your resume and apply directly to Julie Curtis-Paktinat at firstname.lastname@example.org. Final applicants will be asked to perform a series of design tests.