Job Description: A New York City based luxury lifestyle magazine is relaunching and looking to hire a part-time design director with passion for style and contemporary, elegant design. The design director will be working closely with the editor-in-chief and a small team including a photo director and production director, to execute a new format that has been developed by Pentagram. The magazine publishes 6 times a year and the position is part-time with flexible hours with the first relaunch issue in September.
The candidate must:
- be fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite specifically Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- have a passion for typography, photography and illustration with a portfolio to demonstrate this
- be able to work within an existing format but also produce creative, original feature layouts
- have at least 5 years editorial design experience
- be flexible and comfortable working as part of a small team
- be able to be creative with limited budgets
Type of Job: Design, Editorial, Art Direction
City: New York
Region: New York
About Our Company: Pentagram is the world’s largest independently-owned design studio. Our work encompasses graphics and identity, architecture and interiors, products and packaging, exhibitions and installations, websites and digital experiences, advertising and communications. Our 23 partners are all practicing designers, and whether they are working collaboratively or independently, they always do so in friendship. Our structure is unique. We are the only major design studio where the owners of the business are the creators of the work and serve as the primary contact for every client. This reflects our conviction that great design cannot happen without passion, intelligence and — above all — personal commitment, and is demonstrated by a portfolio that spans five decades and all industries.
How to Apply: Please send a resume and a portfolio to MagazineDesignDirector@pentagram.com