Job Description: A Designer will join the Health art department; this is a tiny team of collaborative, award-winning passionate art directors and photo editors who love producing innovative, smart and engaging visuals for a magazine that covers wellness, beauty, fitness, food and all things in between. This position has enormous access and growth potential. Only seriously skilled and passionate candidates will be considered. If we contact you for further inquiry, we ask that you supply two professional references, one from an art manager and one from an editor with whom you’ve worked closely.
- Design innovative, dynamic pages for the print magazine.
- Attend photo selects, proactively conceptualize and organize images in fresh ways on your pages while working directly with editors on creative, intelligent design solutions
- Commission or design info-graphics, icons and graphic elements
- Report to the Design Director on day-to-day management of workload and output
- You earned: BFA in graphic design or similar degree.
- You acquired: 1-3 years Editorial design experience on print publications. Experience on tablet, apps, promotions, and or marketing and advertising will be considered if the work is in alignment with the aesthetic bar we set for our brand.
- You have: A superb understanding of, and passion for, conceptual typography and design principles. You have amazing taste, and strive for winning design awards.
- You know: all the ins and outs of InDesign. Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop hugely valued. Knowledge of Woodwing is ideal but can be trained on site.
- You are: Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills. A person who stays back to finish all work, and sees through your projects to perfected end.
- You have: A collaborative, good-natured disposition, a gift for proactive problem solving and a keen sense of when your assistance is needed.
- You possess: A passion for elegant, simple but creative layout and design and a thirst for new ideas
Type of Job: Design
City: New York
Duration: Full Time or Freelance
Company: Health @ Meredith
About Our Company: Health (www.health.com) motivates women to feel happy and healthy every day. Health is the go-to resource for the latest news on nutrition, fitness, health and beauty, delivering smart, actionable advice to help consumers live better. A dynamic multiplatform franchise with a print magazine, robust website, tablet and mobile editions, books, and a strong social media presence, Health reaches a total monthly audience of 14 million. Health is published 10 times a year by Meredith, one of the largest branded media companies in the world. Health. Happy Begins Here.
Benefits: Full if Staff
Contact Name: Andrea Dunham
Contact Email: email@example.com
How to Apply: Send a note about yourself and interest, a PFD of your resume and samples of your best work and/or link to your website.