• Design inventive, innovative, original content for daily art.
• Works within the style guidelines set by the Creative Director.
• Prioritize content needs and assist in quality control.
• Have an awareness of and a curiosity around industry trends and current technology.
• Continually seek out and discover new talent who can elevate the ambition of the content group. Maintain good relationships with existing photographers, illustrators, designers.
• Be informed of the editorial schedule. Practice sound news judgment and understand design's role in effective storytelling.
• Participates in wire framing, UX, and testing processes for digital property across platforms, working closely with product teams.
• Participates in the development process for design, interface, interaction and experience related to respective products.
• Creative partner with product, content and technology.
• Fully embedded in the creative process, from conception to planning to hands on execution.
• A minimum of 3 years of digital design experience or 4 years print experience within an editorial environment.
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe CS, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Deep understanding of user interface, interaction, design and front end design across platforms.
• Well-versed and passionate about photography, illustration, and typography.
• Ability to wireframe prototypes for custom design, templates, and improved UX.
• Ability to concept and create in-house illustration.
• Creative thinker, resourceful, organized, detail-oriented.
• Experience in editorial environment, with ability to concept and participate in numerous editorial projects simultaneously.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree