Hearst Digital Media is seeking a Jr Designer, Editorial to join the Editorial Operations team working with the visual design team that supports all of our 18 sites, including Elle.com, ElleDecor.com, MarieClaire.com, CountryLiving.com, Esquire.com, GoodHousekeeping.com, and Seventeen.com.
This position will report in to the Creative Director of HDM and will work closely with the editors on all of the HDM brands to create visual design that furthers the story telling on each site, and brand standards. You will work in close partnership with the Product, UX, and Engineering teams, as well as the Branded Content Studio.
- Create and commission infographics, design elements for digital features
- Work on projects from concept to postproduction making sure we meet brand standards and timelines
- Great at problem solving
- Drive constant improvement in HDM's quality and capabilities
- Ideate/design/revise out-of-the-box digital ad experiences
- Contribute to the development of a range of creative executions for each project while meeting tight deadlines
Collaborate across teams, departments and offices
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience or equivalent internship experience required
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in graphic design, digital design, visual communications or a related study required
- Familiarity with pop culture, fashion, trends
- Excellent at using typography and type design
- Master of current digital design tools such as Adobe CS as well as developing design technologies and workflows
Detail-oriented with great self-motivation, organization and communication skills
- Motion graphics and video experience is a plus