Atlanta Magazine is looking for an Associate Art Director, who will be part of a four-person creative team responsible for the overall look of the magazine brand.
The Associate Art Director, who will report to the Design Director, will work closely with photographers and editors in conceiving and executing visually inviting and provocative designs for all of our platforms, but primarily the print edition. S/he will also be proactive in pitching ideas for the magazine. Additionally, part of the job will involve designing marketing collateral and creating branding for magazine events.
We're looking for someone who is well-versed in editorial design, able to conceptualize compelling visual treatments for stories, and eager to learn about Atlanta.
Job responsibilities include:
* Working with the edit team in planning out section content and art elements.
* Collaborating with the Design Director.
* Designing marketing materials
* Clearly communicating assignments to contributing photographers, illustrators and graphic artists
* Finding ways to tell stories graphically and in unconventional and non-linear ways
* Participating in -- and occasionally leading -- brainstorming sessions, suggesting heds and deks, and coming up with story ideas
* Cultivating a deep roster of contributing photographers, illustrators and graphic artists
* Directing photo shoots as appropriate.
Deadline for applications: July 11