Job Description: HOUSE BEAUTIFUL seeks a curious and creative Senior Designer. You are an experienced designer who’s eager to take the lead on our digital platforms (website and social media, etc), as well as design layouts for our magazine. We are one team—print and digital—everyone contributing to the brand as a whole.
The Senior Designer works alongside editors, photo editors, and digital/social media producers, to create inventive design solutions. You are expected to develop a strong understanding of our digital and print platforms, including their editorial goals and engagement objectives. This is a digital-first position with some print responsibilities.
This position reports to the Design Director and is located in New York City.
• Under direction from the Design Director, take the lead on all digital design including an upcoming redesign of HouseBeautiful.com
• As lead designer, work with the Design Director and editorial team to develop top-level visual solutions
• Create digital designs, animations, icons, logos, newsletters and layouts
• Commission original artwork, including illustrations, infographics, icons, and animations
• Art direct and design FOB and feature layouts
• A strong portfolio of work designing across a range of platforms: digital, print, and social.
• Excellent typography and layout skills.
• 5+ years combined experience working in a digital and print editorial setting is preferred
• Demonstrated experience commissioning original artwork
• Excellent communication skills
• Thorough understanding of digital production processes and capabilities.
• Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Experience using Sketch, HTML, and CSS are a plus
• Illustration skills are a plus
Type of Job: Design/Illustration/Digital
City: New York, NY
Region: Greater New York Area
Company: Hearst/House Beautiful
About Our Company: House Beautiful is the definitive guide to great design. We want our brand to be a meeting place for ideas, from great designers and trustworthy brands—so that our audience feels empowered to make those dreams a reality. Hearst is one of the world's largest media brands with 25 U.S. titles and over 300 international editions.
Contact Name: Marc Davila
Contact Email: Marc.Davila@hearst.com
How to Apply: Send cover letter, résumé, portfolio link, and any other links that showcase your work to Marc.Davila@hearst.com