Job Description: Entertainment Weekly is seeking an Associate Art Director. The Entertainment Weekly art department is responsible for developing, designing and producing the brand’s visuals across every platform—including: the magazine, ew.com, social media, etc. He/She will have extraordinary design sensibilities, excellent storytelling abilities and strong communication skills.
As an integral part of a six-person team, this role is essential to the fast paced work environment the art department works within. The Associate Art Director is a team player able to maintain a highly productive work-rate while working under the pressure of daily deadlines. The ideal candidate will be someone who is distinctly able to come up with clear ideas (big and small), a motivated collaborator who naturally keeps up with industry trends, and someone who possesses uncommon design skills—specifically in the areas of typography, art direction and image making.
- A minimum of 3+ years experience working in publishing, media or relevant industries
- Deep command of all the Adobe Suite programs (motion graphics skills are a major plus)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Willingness to work long hours (at times)
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- A passion for entertainment (we serve the biggest entertainment fans on earth)
- Concept, cultivate, design, oversee and create innovative layouts and artwork for Entertainment Weekly products
- Commission original and noteworthy illustrations suitable for the brand
- Guide assigned stories through the entire design and production process
- Collaborate daily with the Entertainment Weekly edit team and photo department
- Be a key part in the success of an especially ambitious team
Position: Associate Art Director
Type of Job: Design
City: Los Angeles, CA
About Our Company: Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Company: Time Inc.
Contact Name: Keir Novesky
Contact Email: Keir.Novesky@ew.com
How to Apply: Apply here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/timeinc/jobs/996413?gh_jid=996413&gh_src=75rwbg1 or email Keir directly.