Job Description: The Knot Magazine (XO Group) seeks a talented and enthusiastic Associate Art Director with 4+ years editorial experience to join our creative design team. This is the number two spot in a fast paced three person art department. This position offers exposure to all aspects of the design process, from conceptualizing initial story ideas, art directing photo shoots to exploring new design ideas for all sections of the magazine. The Knot produces a quarterly National Magazine and Biannually Regional issues, that you will get to be a part of.
- Create and design high-impact editorial pages, graphics and typography
- Generate innovative visual storytelling ideas for FOB, BOB and multi layered Features
- Elevate the Knot brand through current editorial design trends
- Partner with Design Director, Photo Director and Edit team on story development and visual concepts
- Direct still-life photography shoots
- Manage individual page production, pagination and shipping
- Ensure layouts meet the design and print standards throughout each issue cycle
- Oversee and approve color correction and retouching
- Manage daily workflow of the Art Department
- Maintain positive work environment with high creative standards
- Manage and direct interns and freelance staff
- Contribute to and execute future redesign
- Strong understanding of editorial print design, visual hierarchy, the creative process and editorial problem solving
- Exceptional design and typography skills
- Advanced production skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Knowledge of Mac-based K4 system and work flow experience
- Ability to multi-task numerous layouts and responsibilities under tight deadlines without compromising quality
- In-depth knowledge of print production best practices
- Passionate about design, photography, typography, fashion, style and all things weddings!
- Leadership—confident in design abilities and able to articulate ideas and opinions
- Experience in collaborating with photographers, stylist's and illustrators
- A flexible personality and strong work ethic
Position: Associate Art Director
Type of Job: Editorial
City: New York City
Region: New York
About Our Company: Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
Company: XO Group - The Knot Magazine
How to Apply: Please follow the attached link and apply directly on our jobs site: https://xogroupinc.com/careers-apply/?gh_jid=763984