Job Description: Award-winning, regional glossy lifestyle magazine art department is seeking a motivated, talented, and energetic entry- to junior-level designer (0-3 years of experience) to assist the creative directors with design and photo work in a full-time, in-house position.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent design grad to break into the consumer media/publishing industry and gain invaluable experience with a highly regarded, established brand.
Principal duties include:
• Page design and layout under the supervision of creative directors, and working closely with editors, assistants, freelancers, and interns.
• Researching and sourcing photos, scheduling and assisting with shoots, taking some original photography (usually product and location shots).
• a portfolio of work showing a creative sense of editorial design, including use of typography and photography
• strong knowledge of Adobe CC programs: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
• ability to work under multiple deadlines, take direction, and proactively offer design solutions
• the resourcefulness necessary to conduct quick and fruitful photo research. Experience in organizing photo shoots a plus
• the ability to manage time efficiently, and work autonomously, amid continuous deadlines
• Must have the means to commute to and work from our offices in Rye, NY. There is no direct public transportation available.
Pluses: Previous editorial magazine experience and familiarity with Westchester County
Type of Job: Design, photo research
State/Country: New York
Benefits: Medical, dental, 401K
Company: Today Media
About Our Company: Consumer media/publishing
Contact Name: Robert Supina
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Please send resumé and a link to work samples/portfolio to email@example.com