Job Description: Open Sky Media has an immediate opening for a talented creative director to lead a small art department in production of its Austin and San Antonio-based publications. We’re seeking a design professional with at least 5 years of experience to join the team of this city magazine publisher. We value team players who are dedicated to creating a superior product every month and working collaboratively in an editorial environment where creative thinking, problem solving and multitasking are essential skills.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Managing a team of editorial and ad designers in design and layout of two monthly city magazines (Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine), plus three quarterly magazines.
• Concept and execution of cover and features for monthly titles
• Working collaboratively with editors in development of stories from idea phase to production
• Preparing files for printer
• Cultivating stable of freelance photographers, illustrators and artists
• Working with editorial director to manage monthly freelance budget
• Overseeing overall look of brands across platforms, to include digital work, marketing and event collateral
• Supporting additional corporate initiatives and ancillary or custom projects as needed
• 5 years experience in editorial design, with minimum 1 year managerial experience
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative software and Macs
• A clean, crisp and modern design aesthetic
• Mastery of typography
• Superior communication skills and a friendly, can-do attitude
• The ability to work independently, while being receptive to feedback
• Collaborative spirit; knows when to delegate and enjoys helping others develop their skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
• Consistent attention to detail
• Creativity to conceptualize new approaches to recurring stories
Type of Job: Design
Company: Open Sky Media
About Our Company: Open Sky Media publishes city and lifestyle publications in the heart of Texas. Its portfolio includes Austin Monthly, San Antonio Magazine, Austin Home, Casa San Antonio and Texas Music. The company’s award-winning creative teams also help tell the stories of community partners through custom publications, such as Authentic Texas, Big Give, I Live Here I Give Here and Platinum Top 50 Realtor Directory. Though huge proponents of the power of print, OSM’s brands also connect with audiences digitally and in person at live events.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Send resume, portfolio and salary requirements to email@example.com.