Job Description: Are you a seasoned Intern, Art Assistant or Designer looking for your next step? Do you have a Pinterest board devoted to your favorite designs or an Instagram account that matches your eye? Are you a self-starter whose passion for design is rivaled only by the great stories you read? If so, we have an immediate opening to join our team.
Our ideal candidate is a quick study and creative multi-tasker with strong design, typographic and production skills. You have an eye for the details. You are comfortable and confident switching between our print and digital departments. You consistently meet deadlines with inspiring ideas and with a great attitude.
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 1.5+ years of print magazine experience. Digital design experience (in a media context) is also on our wish list. This role reports directly to the Creative Director.
What you’ll do…
• Design editorial print pages for FOB/BOB sections, and some features.
• Design/translate pages for RD¹s large type edition and for RD.com.
• Produce clean, ready to publish layouts.
• Articulate and pitch design ideas including photography and illustration approaches for stories in art meetings.
• Commission illustrations and do photo research for the print and digital team as needed.
• Assist Production Manager to produce monthly digital editions and art archiving.
• Keep magazine wall up-to-date.
What you’ll bring …
• Excellent typography and layout skills
• Ability to think editorially and partner with editors on solutions.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to produce tight, neat layouts.
• Strong understanding of style sheets and templates.
• Ability to take direction, work well both independently—and collaboratively
• Expert in InDesign. Equally at home with Illustrator and Photoshop
• Well-versed in current magazine design trends.
• Proficiency in WordPress, HTML/CSS, InVision, and Sketch a plus
Type of Job: Design
City: White Plains
State/Country: New York
Benefits: Competitive salary, Health, Dental, Vision, Free parking or shuttle, 401K
Company: Trusted Media Brands
About Our Company: This full-time position is located in our White Plains office, just a short distance from Manhattan, New Jersey and Connecticut. It is easily accessible via Metro North. We offer a free shuttle to our office, and free monthly parking if you are a commuter who would prefer to drive.
Contact Name: Courtney Murphy
Contact Email: email@example.com
How to Apply: Please include a short email stating your interest in the job and why—plus any factors that make you good fit. Send your letter with subject line SPD JOB BOARD along with your resume and website link or a pdf of samples to Courtney Murphy, courtney.murphy@TrustedMediaBrands.com