Job Description: Texas Monthly is looking for an experienced designer to direct and produce graphics, illustrations, animations, and visual solutions for editorial stories. This designer is multidisciplinary and able to design across a range of platforms.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Art direct and design stories across all platforms
• Assist in photo research and assigning
• Create original art for website
• Assign original illustration, as needed
• Create graphics and logos for various platforms
Successful candidates possess the following skills/abilities:
• A strong portfolio of work designing across a range of platforms: digital, print, and social
• Excellent typography and layout skills
• Thorough understanding of digital production processes and capabilities
• Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficiency in Wordpress, HTML/CSS, and Sketch
• Illustration and motion graphics skills are a plus
• BA/BFA in visual arts, journalism, or related field, with 3+ years of editorial experience
Type of Job: Multidisciplinary
Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
Company: Texas Monthly
About Our Company: Since 1973, Texas Monthly has chronicled life in contemporary Texas, reporting on vital issues such as politics, criminal justice, the environment, industry, and education. Often referred to as “the National Magazine of Texas,” Texas Monthly is known for smart, literary journalism and in-depth investigative reporting that illuminates issues of public policy and drives the discussion of what’s important in the Lone Star State. Additionally, Texas Monthly continues to be the indispensable authority on the Texas scene, covering music, the arts, travel, restaurants, museums, and cultural events with its insightful recommendations.
How to Apply: If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED. TEXAS MONTHLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.