Job Description: A Senior Designer is needed to fill a role in Scholastic National Partnerships, a marketing agency within Scholastic that helps government, non-profit and corporate partners tap into the power of Scholastic's education expertise through programs and content for children, parents, and educators that shape learning today. A day's typical activities include:
- Creating attractive and effective designs for all media, i.e.: Classroom materials, custom magazines and books, print ads, websites, online games, videos, digital ads, and emails.
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of projects
Learn more about our work at http://www.scholastic.com/nationalpartnerships/.
Rate is $40-$50/hour depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- 3–8 years of creative agency or magazine experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on several different projects at a time and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- The willingness to listen to feedback
- A "let's do this" kind of attitude
Position: Senior Designer
Type of Job: Digital and Print Design
City: New York
Region: New York
Duration: Full-Time Freelance
Benefits: Benefits such as health care, paid sick days, 401K and commuter tax benefits are offered through the staffing agency.
About Our Company: Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Contact Name: Stephen Christensen
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Email email@example.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio or PDFs of your work.