Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Designing custom and ancillary publications; duties include finalizing lineup, assigning and art directing photo shoots, soliciting photography, designing layouts, print production, color correction, and proofing
• Creating brand identities for publications, events, and other products
• Designing media kits for Atlanta magazine and ancillary publications
• Hiring and managing contributing photographers and illustrators
• Coordinating with production and AMCM editorial staffs to ensure deadlines are met
• Working under the direction of the editorial director and design director
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to juggle multiple priorities, plan ahead, and hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Collaborative nature, as the art director will be a part of a larger creative team, including the editorial director, design director, staff editors and art directors, contract editors, photographers, and illustrators
• Experience with pre-press, color correction, and production
• BA/BFA in graphic design or visual arts and 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience; publishing background is a plus
Type of Job: Design
Company: Atlanta magazine
About Our Company: A division of Atlanta magazine, Atlanta Magazine Custom Media (AMCM) publishes a portfolio of titles that includes Southbound magazine, our biannual regional travel magazine; the official Georgia Travel Guide; Peachtree Papers, the quarterly magazine of the Junior League of Atlanta; as well as a number of other arts and culture programs and several travel publications, including visitors guides, attractions brochures, and maps.
Atlanta magazine is owned and operated by Hour Media, a Michigan-based multi-media company which publishes and produces 132 magazines and custom titles, 37 consumer websites, and 65 shows and events throughout the United States. The company is recognized as an influential publisher of city, regional and custom publications, including the marquee titles, Hour Detroit, Minnesota Monthly, Sacramento magazine, Orange Coast, Los Angeles magazine, Atlanta magazine, Cincinnati magazine, Palm Beach Illustrated, and Naples Illustrated. The company has offices in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, and Ohio, with over 300 employees across the country.
Contact Name: Kevin Benefield
Contact Email: AMCMHR@atlantamagazine.com
How to Apply: Please send a resume and portfolio to AMCMHR@atlantamagazine.com.