Job Description: Atlanta magazine is currently seeking a skilled, hard-working, self-motivated individual to handle multiple graphic design projects in the magazine’s custom media division. Atlanta Magazine Custom Media (AMCM) publishes a portfolio of titles that includes Southbound, our biannual regional travel magazine; the official Georgia Travel Guide; Peachtree Papers, the quarterly magazine of the Junior League of Atlanta; as well as a number of other arts and culture programs and several travel publications, including visitors guides, attractions brochures, and maps.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the sales department and editors to create concepts and design special advertising sections for Atlanta magazine
- Creating print and digital ads for Atlanta magazine, the company website, and custom products
- Producing sales and marketing collateral
- Serving as project manager and working with clients, editors, and design director to design layouts for custom publications
- Designing features and departments for Southbound magazine
- Researching and hiring photographers and illustrators for projects
- Art directing photo shoots
- Preparing files for print and reviewing proofs
- Working under the direction of the editorial director and design director
Job Requirements: Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to juggle multiple priorities, plan ahead, and hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative nature, as the associate art director will be a part of a larger creative team, including the editorial director, design director, staff editors, contract editors, photographers, and illustrators
- Experience with pre-press, color correction, and production
Education/Experience: BA/BFA in graphic design or visual arts and 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience; publishing background is a plus
Type of Job: Design
Region: Southeastern United States
Company: Atlanta magazine, LLC (Hour Media)
About Our Company: Atlanta magazine is owned and operated by Hour Media, a Michigan-based multi-media company which publishes and produces 132 magazines and custom titles, 37 consumer websites, and 65 shows and events throughout the United States. The company is recognized as an influential publisher of city, regional and custom publications, including the marquee titles, Hour Detroit, Minnesota Monthly, Sacramento magazine, Orange Coast, Los Angeles magazine, Atlanta magazine, Cincinnati magazine, Palm Beach Illustrated, and Naples Illustrated. The company has offices in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, and Ohio, with over 300 employees across the country.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays and vacation
Contact Email: AMCMHR@atlantamagazine.com
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter, a resume, and a link to an online portfolio to AMCMHR@atlantamagazine.com. No phone calls or walk-ins accepted.