Job Description: Texas Monthly is looking for an experienced designer who can art direct and create graphics, illustrations, animations, and visual solutions for editorial stories. This designer is multidisciplinary and able to design across a range of platforms. They will report to the design director.
Job Requirements: Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create original art for website
- Develop, design, and build web-only features using CMS tools and occasional HTML/CSS features
- Assist in photo assigning and research, primarily for web projects
- Assign original illustration, as needed
- Translate print content to website
- Contribute to the development and strong visual identity of TM online properties, channels, and products
- Offer feedback and direction on editorial videos
- Stay ahead of the curve on design and web trends and educate others on best practices
Successful candidates possess the following skills/abilities:
- Keen eye for photography and illustration
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task as well as work under pressure and maintain a calm attitude
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe CS, WordPress, HTML/CSS, and Sketch
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects a plus
- BA/BFA in visual arts, journalism, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
Type of Job: Digital Design
Company: Texas Monthly
About Our Company: Since 1973, Texas Monthly has chronicled life in contemporary Texas, reporting on vital issues such as politics, criminal justice, the environment, industry, and education. Often referred to as “the National Magazine of Texas,” Texas Monthly is known for smart, literary journalism and in-depth investigative reporting that illuminates issues of public policy and drives the discussion of what’s important in the Lone Star State. Additionally, Texas Monthly continues to be the indispensable authority on the Texas scene, covering music, the arts, travel, restaurants, museums, and cultural events with its insightful recommendations.
Benefits: Texas Monthly offers a strong benefits package, including competitive health, dental, and life insurance.
Contact Name: Laura Pulido
Contact Email: email@example.com
How to Apply: If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position we encourage you to apply. Please email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.