Job Description: Ad Age, the daily must-read for an influential audience of decision makers and disruptors across the marketing and media landscape, is seeking a Digital Content Producer to help maintain and manage our web, mobile and social platforms. We’re looking for someone who has an appreciation for the future of media, has a background specifically in digital photo and video production, interactive design for journalism and some understanding of creating great user experiences. An interest in helping a leading news organization thrive in a digital age and knowledge of the tools and technologies that will grow Ad Age's online presence is essential. This opportunity works collaboratively with our reporters, designers, editors, and developers, and will touch many parts of what we do online.
- Support both the Ad Age and Ad Age Creativity editorial teams in photo, video and page production: Editing, resizing, posting, and archiving in content management systems as well as external platforms such as social media and asset management systems.
- Work closely with reporters and editors to visualize data, create and package charts/graphics, design searchable/sortable datasets and build other interactive elements such as multilayered (parallax) pages and slideshows for desktop, mobile and social web experiences.
- Work closely with the design and web development teams to build out new front end and back end products for users (audience) and editors.
- Continually improve our online user experience by troubleshooting front end user experience incongruities with the help of the web development team.
- Support Ad Age Creativity with ongoing partner and customer interactions and support.
- Aggressively keep pace with trends in online storytelling and digital media.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, new media or related field
- Strong background in Adobe Creative Cloud applications (most especially Photoshop, Premiere Pro and AfterEffects), Quicktime Pro and a keen visual sense to put them to use
- Data visualization experience, and a proven ability to conceive and create charts, graphs and other interactive presentations from data
- Strong prioritization and communication skills
- Proficiency with content management systems and third-party systems and platforms (ex: Basecamp, Brightcove, Jira)
- Strong design and user experience skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Use and appreciation of social media, content syndication and other new forms of distribution
- Masters degree a plus
- Fluency in Sketch
- Experience in a weekly or bi-weekly newsroom with breaking news stories strongly preferred
- Prior experience editing and encoding video a plus
Type of Job: Digital, Design
City: New York, NY
Company: Crain Communications Inc
About Our Company:
Brand Overview: Ad Age is a daily must-read for an influential audience of decision makers and disruptors across the marketing and media landscape. Created in 1930 to cover a burgeoning industry with objectivity, accuracy, and fairness, Ad Age continues to be powered by award-winning journalism. Today, Ad Age is a global media brand focusing on curated creativity, data and analysis, people and culture, and innovation and forecasting. From vital print editions to must-attend events and innovative platform offerings, its industry-leading offerings include the coveted A-List & Creativity Awards, the Ad Age Next Conference, and proprietary data such as the Leading National Advertisers Report from the Ad Age Datacenter.
http://adage.com/ | https://twitter.com/adage
Company Overview: Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
@CrainComm | #CrainCareers | #MyCrainView | #CrainCares
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply: No emails or phone calls please. Apply online at Crain.com at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRA1001CRAIN/JobBoard/6eb6fbe3-2385-44c7-acd5-536544de98c6/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d8063964-b7e0-4a90-9283-e03446edce0b&__jbsrc=%2010F1D22D-DBBB-414E-9E56-9AC6D0F4EBAD