Looking for a production designer to work on TheGirlfriend.com V2 Newsletter. He or she will contribute to shaping the creative look of this new digital publication. He or she is an editorial layout or production designer who is great at MAC OS, Indesign CC, Photoshop and Illustrator. They must have a good idea for detail and have great communication and organizational skills.
- Works with the art director and photo editor in an agile environment to develop art on brand of the aforementioned publication
- Contributes to the creative process in conceiving design solutions and editorial pitches
- Conducts research and follows procedures (stock, archival, publicity and personal collection imagery)
- Manages Indesign and Photoshop templates
- Builds out necessary social media graphics weekly and supplies to necessary creatives or outlets
- Creates additional on brand graphics for digital and other media outlets.
- Uploads imagery to Wordpress weekly
- Demonstrates excellent ability to multi-task and to interact well with others
- Bachelors Degree 3-5 years professional experience (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of multiple photographic styles; art, conceptual, editorial, food, lifestyle
- Experience working in editorial, such as Buzzfeed, Refinery29, City Paper or similar publication
- Proficient in page layout software applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Able to research and communicate/interpret conceptual ideas.
- A self-starter who can traffic his/her own layouts through the editorial process, adhere to tight deadlines, and maintain quality throughout.
- Social Media Savvy
- Application Experience a Plus – DAM, WordPress, CMS
- Photo/video production (helpful but not necessary)
Type of Job: Graphic Design
About Our Company: AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
Contact Name: Dian Holton
Contact Email: email@example.com
How to Apply: Please email a copy of your resume and a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org