Job Description: A Senior Designer is needed to fill a role at Scholastic National Partnerships (SNP), a content studio within Scholastic that creates supplemental educational materials for government, non-profit, and corporate clients, tapping into the power of Scholastic's educational expertise that shapes learning today.
A Typical Day's Activities Include:
• Creating attractive and effective designs for a wide range of educational media including classroom materials, posters, custom magazines, websites, interactive games, videos, ads, and emails.
• Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback
• Supporting the team throughout the execution of projects
• Excellent design skills with 4–8 years of related design experience
• Great InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator skills
• Experience with WoodWing/SmartConnection a plus
• A passion for working in the education space as well as client services
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work on several different projects at a time and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to see projects through from inception to production regardless of project size
• Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
• An ability to find creative solutions to team and client feedback.
• A "let's do this" kind of attitude
Type of Job: Digital and Print Design
City: New York
Region: New York
Duration: Full-time Freelance
About Our Company: Scholastic National Partnerships (SNP) is an educational content studio that harnesses our team members’ talents and expertise to create quality supplemental classroom materials. We build relationships with mission-aligned clients that bring value to Scholastic and spark joy and discovery in the classroom. With the content we create, we strive to empower students to learn new things, lead more fulfilling lives, and be better citizens of the world. Learn more about our work at scholastic.com/nationalpartnerships/
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 99 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at scholastic.com.
Benefits: Benefits such as health care, paid sick days, commuter tax benefits and a 401K plan are offered through the staffing agency.
Contact Name: Stephen Christensen
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Email email@example.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio or PDFs of your work.