Job Description: Atlanta Magazine is seeking an Associate Art Director to join our award-winning creative team. Under the guidance of the Design Director, the Associate Art Director is responsible for a broad range of editorial design for our monthly magazine.
- Responsible for section layouts and 1-2 features per issue.
- Find ways to tell stories graphically and in unconventional and non-linear ways.
- Assist with managing the art department budget.
- Attend all photo shoots with the photography director.
- Cultivate a deep roster of contributing photographers, illustrators, and graphic artists.
- Attend brainstorming sessions with the entire editorial team, suggesting heds and deks, and coming up with story ideas.
- Other duties and editorial projects as assigned by manager.
- 3+ years of editorial design experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work with a team on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator required.
- Proactive, collaborative work style
Type of Job: Design
Company: Atlanta Magazine
About Our Company: For nearly 60 years, Atlanta magazine has chronicled the South’s most compelling and vibrant city through provocative features, investigative journalism, authoritative service, and groundbreaking design. From food to fashion, politics to personalities, Atlanta magazine reflects the diversity and attitudes of a metro area with more than five million people. Atlanta magazine alumni have gone on to Esquire, ESPN magazine, Sports Illustrated, and Wired. We are part of Hour Media, a Michigan-based multi-media company which publishes and produces 132 magazines and custom titles, 37 consumer websites, and 65 shows and events throughout the United States.
Contact Name: Matt Love
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and work samples to the email address above. Use subject line Associate Art Director.