Job Description: The Editorial and Marketing Graphic Designer / Art Director for Deadline Hollywood will work on a variety of exciting entertainment projects throughout the year. Awards season coverage (Oscars and Emmys) is vital to our mission; and during this very busy time of year the designer will work with stunning original photography featuring top talent from film and television to design our award-winning print magazine: AwardsLine. Additionally, the designer will flex their creative muscles as they produce marketing pitches for our sales and marketing teams; as well as other digital, social, video and event projects.
We are seeking a multi-talented designer who has previous MAGAZINE DESIGN experience.
- Work on various editorial and marketing projects in a fast-paced environment on numerous platforms including print magazines, digital, social, video, and events
- Projects will include designing and producing Deadline’s award-winning print magazine, AwardsLine, during Oscar and Emmy seasons; as well as other digital, social, video and event projects
- Strong photo editing skills
- Other various projects include: production, print ads, digital ads, event signage & materials, invitations, media kits, sales/marketing decks & one-sheets, event micro-sites, and more
- 3+ years of editorial design experience for a PRINT MAGAZINE is a must!!
- Additional design experience in marketing, online/digital, social, video and events is a big plus!
- Excellent type and design sensibilities
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat. Plus: Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong knowledge of print production processes and procedures
- Team player who will collaborate with the Creative Director and editorial team
- Must have solid organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and interest in the entertainment industry, film and television a big plus
Type of Job: Design
City: Los Angeles
Company: Deadline Hollywood
About Our Company:
About Deadline Hollywood:
Deadline Hollywood is an authoritative source for breaking news in the entertainment industry, regularly included on lists of top entertainment websites. Influential industry thought leaders and key decision-makers in the entertainment, financial and other business fields track Deadline.com for the latest news multiple times a day. Due to its avid audience, Deadline.com’s postings regularly receive more reader comments than all entertainment industry news sites combined. Deadline’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information services company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.
Contact Name: Craig Edwards
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to the email address above. Use subject line: Graphic Designer/Art Director.