Job Description: Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily), since 2011 is the best-known producer of B2B news and trade shows serving executives and major investors in America's $6 billion cannabis industry, is seeking a graphic designer to design and layout Marijuana Business Magazine for a 10X per year distribution and to support marketing with needs such as conference programs or mailers.
You are both an independent worker and a collaborative team member who can deliver under tight deadlines. We are a fast-growing company where everyone contributes, works hard and has some fun.
You'll be based in our Denver office and receive a competitive salary, paid time off, 401(k) and health benefits. As referenced in Inc. Magazine, Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, we are a highly professional, award-winning company.
Marijuana Business Daily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc. Should you be offered a position, please expect to complete a background/reference check. Anne Holland Ventures Inc is woman owned and an equal opportunity employer.
Day to Day Job Description:
- 70% of your time will be tied to editorial design with the balance supporting marketing materials regarding shows and book products that we sell.
- You will design and layout Marijuana Business Magazine each month in its entirety, including the cover and all inside pages.
- Evolve the overall design of the magazine and work closely with the editorial staff to design packages and features that help content stand out.
- Create graphics and images such as logos for a series of stores, infographics or compilations using photos and stock art.
- Assist in designing editorial images for Marijuana Business Daily’s website. There will be a digital designer who will run point on this.
- Lead the design efforts related to our research book products such as the Factbook or License Directory.
- Ensure brand continuity from print to digital design.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of editorial design experience at print publications, preferably with some experience at the Director level.
- Ability to paginate ads and create graphics with data, images and photos with B2B content
- Expert level proficiency with Adobe Create Suite (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Solid understanding of editorial design principles
- Design degree preferred
- Ability to create illustrations from scratch
- Prefer designer with digital and web design experience. WordPress experience a plus.
Type of Job: Editorial Design
Company: Marijuana Business Daily
About Our Company: Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily), since 2011 is the best-known producer of B2B news and trade shows serving executives and major investors in America's $6 billion cannabis industry.
Benefits: competitive salary, paid time off, sick time, 401(k) and health benefits